Monday, March 8, 2010

Airwash Waterless Washing Machine


Airwash Waterless Washing Machine
It looks like soon we may be able to rid ourselves of the water-guzzling washing machines in our homes. The Airwash Waterless Washing Machine takes "dry-cleaning" to a new level. Instead of immersing a clothing item in water the Airwash cleans clothes using negative ions, compressed air and deodorants to clean clothes.





What is not clear is how honey dropped on my tie is going to be cleaned. I suppose there will still be times when I will have to spot clean a clothing item to get rid of organic materials.

However, in the "smart" (read that as "green" or environmentally friendly) home, any appliance that can be used to reduce the use of water in a household is to be welcomed. I can see an Airwash Machine installed in my bedroom, but other items will still need to be cleaned in the washing machine. Perhaps the Airwash Machine could cut the amount of "water washing" I do in half; that would still be a great saving.

This Airwash Machine is not available so we will have to wait a little longer before we see this in reality in our bedrooms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment