Sunday, June 27, 2010

How to Sync Only My Contacts in HTC Hero

Syncing your contacts between the HTC Hero and Google Contacts is a piece of work in Android.

I never realized how useful it was until now when I have started using Google Contacts as my only contacts manager. It’s now way easier for me to sync my contacts in whatever cell phones I try and use.

Users who have their phone contacts in Google Contacts separated in a group called as My Contacts have some syncing issues with the HTC Hero and HTC Droid Eris. When you try to sync, instead of just syncing with My Contacts group, it also downloads all your Gmail contacts and all the other your account has.

Instead of a few hundred, I had more than two thousand contacts in my phone – which was quite annoying. After a couple of hours of messing up with the OS settings and Google Contacts, I was finally able to find a solution to this problem.

How to Sync Only My Contacts in HTC Hero

To sync only My Contacts group from your Google Contacts, follow the simple steps below:

  • Open the People app in your HTC Hero.
  • Go to the Groups section.
  • Now press the Menu button and select Sync Contacts from the menu.
  • Uncheck “Sync all contacts” and press the save button.

htc-hero-my-contacts-sync

You should now only have your My Contacts group’s contacts in your phone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment